Home About Archives Search Feed

WeGames 19 Year Old Founder Raises $3 million Financing

🔒 techcrunch.com

San Francisco based WeGame, a YouTube for gamers (although it is much more than that) seems to be off to a solid start. Since launching last month, founder Jared Kim says 7,000 videos have been uploaded to the site, and 13% of users are uploading videos. The other 87% are there to watch game videos like this one from Guitar Hero:

WeGame.com - Gaming Videos

The company will announce theyve closed a $3 million second round of financing, adding to the $500,000 they raised previously. True Ventures led the round, with participation from HitForge, SoftTechVC and a number of individuals.

Kim, whos 19, dropped out of Berkeley last year to launch WeGame. This is his third startup.

CrunchBase Information


Jared Kim

Information provided by CrunchBase

Crunch Network: CrunchBoard because its time for you to find a new Job2.0

📌 Posted on March 12, 2008

← Next post    ·    Previous post →